Information We Collect
We collect information from you that is required to become a subscriber, to register software, to transact business, to communicate with you, verify your identity and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We also gather information to help us further assess your needs and preferences and to improve the services we offer to you and others.
The information we collect and maintain about you comes primarily from you during the course of your doing business with TPS. This personal information, not available publicly, comes from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us when you fill out subscription or registrations documents, complete a form or make a request for services. This information may include personal information, as well as details about your interests and experience with respect to TPS products.
- Information from your transactions with us. Once you are a subscriber or registered software user, we collect and maintain personal information about your transactions.
- Information obtained from others, such as credit reporting agencies.
- Information about your usage of the Web site. When you visit our Web sites, we may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs), or other similar web tools to gather information about how you use our Web site and to enhance your Web experience.
How We Protect Your Information
We limit access to the information we have about you to our employees and agents who need to know such information to provide you with the requested or available services. In keeping with industry standards and practices, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and controls to protect your information. While no security system is absolutely impenetrable, we plan to review, refine and upgrade our security technology as we deem appropriate based on new tools becoming available.
We have security standards and procedures in place designed to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and personal information. A key part of this process helps ensure that all information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. If you ever discover inaccuracies in our data or if your personal information changes, we urge you to notify us immediately.
Generally, we use your information to provide you with quality services and to ensure security. For example, we may use the information collected from you to verify your identity and contact information.
If you choose to end your subscription or use of our software, you will continue to be protected by the privacy policies and principles described in this policy. Should you cancel your subscription, TPS will retain your information, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements.
How We Share Your Information With Our Affiliates
TPS may share information with affiliates if the information is required to provide the services you requested. An affiliate is a company that we own or control, or with which there is common ownership with us.
How We Share Your Information with Unaffiliated Third Parties
To protect your privacy, we limit the sharing of information outside TPS. We conduct our business with respect for the confidential nature of the information being provided. We will not share information about you except as outlined below.
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any unaffiliated third party for any reason, except:
- Where such disclosure is required or appropriate pursuant to laws or regulations, including cooperating with government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, performing background checks, resolving disputes or performing risk-management functions.
- Where such disclosure is required or appropriate to provide our services to your or to fulfill any transactions you have requested.
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage businesses to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, client services or other data collection relevant to our business. Use of the information shared is strictly limited to the performance of the task we request and for no other purpose. Examples of the types of outside companies with which we may share information include non-financial companies that perform services for us, such as data processing and companies that perform securities execution and clearing services on our behalf. All third parties with which we share personal information pursuant tare required to protect it in a manner similar to the way we protect information.
Reviewing, Changing or Correcting Information